How would you like to have a landline phone and not worried about the extra monthly bill? Well, this is possible today with various options (the assumption here is that an Internet service is in place). My preferred approach is the following.
1. Get a free Google Account - This provides a free email address too
2. Request a free Google Voice Number - Typically Call with the US and Canada for free
3. Get a regular home phone from the store (Walmart, Amazon.com etc)
4. Get the OBI200 from Obitalk for about $50.00 (one time spend and no follow up)
5. Connect things up and now there is a working home or business phone..
This may not be valid to get emergency services, so make sure to validate that..
The other benefits would be for businesses or individuals outside North America that would like to communicate with businesses or individuals frequently. This could be done for free and those in North America can call this number for free without any issues with dial codes and long distance cost.
Alternatively, Magic Jack is another option for setting up a cheap home or business phone service (learn More)..
Enjoy the new service and share your experience with us..